Welcome to the Washington County Florida Chamber of Commerce!
If you are a first time visitor, we extend to you our friendship. If you are here researching a possible new business site or considering making Washington County, Florida your home too, we want to provide you with all the information which you will need to make that very important business and/or personal decision.
We want to make you feel at home. We feel certain that Washington County offers what you want from an ideal location for your business to the best possible quality of life available anywhere.
Ted Everett, Executive Director
The Washington County Chamber Foundation is a 501c3 corporation whose sole purpose is the development of the community and its businesses.
Chamber Ambassadors Program
Interested in helping to promote growth and development in Washington County? Join the Chamber Ambassador Program!
The 10 tax holidays are:
- One-month Fuel Tax Holiday from October 1, through October 31, 2022, saving Floridians $200 million by lowering the price of gas by 25.3 cents per gallon.
- 3-month sales tax holiday for children’s books from May 14 through August 14, 2022.
- One-year sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, for baby and toddler clothes and shoes.
- One-year sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, for children’s diapers, providing.
- 14-day Back-to-School sales tax holiday from July 25 through August 7, 2022, for clothing, shoes, backpacks, and school supplies.
- 14-day Disaster Preparedness sales tax holiday from May 28 through June 10, 2022, for supplies such as flashlights, radios, tarps, batteries, and fire extinguishers.
- 7-day Tool-Time sales tax holiday from September 3 through September 9, 2022, for tools and other home improvement items.
- Two-year sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024, for impact resistant windows, doors, and garage doors.
- 7-day Freedom Week from July 1 to July 7, 2022.
- One-year Energy Star Appliances sales tax holiday from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, for washing machines, clothes dryers, water heaters, and refrigerators.
The City of Chipley originally established the CRA in 1985 to serve as a guide in revitalizing downtown Chipley and yield significant benefits to city residents.
CRA Grant Docments: